Sanda ndor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the beginning

+4
gusano
Umbrae
Shinigami_Miyu
Elwe
8 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

In the beginning - Page 3 Empty Re: In the beginning

Post  Elwe Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 am

The seats in this place are not very comfortable, the back rest of the chair is a solid flat piece of cut wood, at a right angle to the seat of the chair, the wood has been cut off the tree, and rubbed down into a flat smooth non splintering plant, from there it has been lacquered to make it slippery, shiny even, it must make wiping down the tables easier, but any liquid that is spilt on it will make it to the floor. causing more to be cleaned. Despite the chairs not being comfortable, the humans in here seem to be relax, probably even comfortable. I have seen furniture the humans have made with cushions, these cushion are strips of cotton sown closed and filled with the feathers of the birds they eat, they put these cushions all around them, under there bottoms, between their backs an the back ret of the chairs, on the arms of the chair, they seem to be surrounded by these cushions, which would not have been necessary if they had of made the seats differently.

There are half a dozen tables in here at least four seats around the table, across the walls are long benches shaped into the corners, these humans like sitting in this manor. There are very few seats around these table that are not filled, the level of noise is in line with the amount of people, though it is a babble of noise, I could not distinguish the different conversations with ease, too much of this and my ears would probably start to hurt. For now though it is pleasant to be assured that you would not be over heard.

Behind the bar in a young female, who can not be much above the legal age of selling alcohol, she probably has not drunk much herself. “She has not long started, a little work after school, to pay for her studies. She needed a down payment of £20 to start and so I paid it for on the understanding that she would do 3 nights a week and a Sunday day time, once she has earned her £20 I will renew the contract”
“ I like the incentive, its better than the standard cash reward” Pride of her compassion well up in me. (not to the stage of tears and controllable blubbing but just the good feeling of happy, pride)
“I would like it if she continued working for her studies to be paid for, as much as I do not suspect she will, but I will put the condition of further funding on her passing the exams, I do not want her to get complacent and start to shirk.”

We chat idly for a while, drinking the amber liquid, slowly the premise starts to empty, whenever someone left they would wave to Mika, thank her for the evening, the rest of the pub would jibe them for there weakness, there inability to hold there drink or tell their women they were out having a few.

The last to leave were not the ones who have jovially slandered the others for not staying out but a couple of people sat on their own with expressions of doom upon their faces, Mika told her maid to finish up, wipe the tables and stack the chairs, she could go home after that. Whilst I volunteered to wash the glasses for her at the sink behind the bar she coaxed the last 3 people out of her premise and bid then a good eve, knowing that what ever happened to them over the course of the next day they would be here at 17:00 for more of her amber liquids.

Finally with the place empty of punters, tidied and the night at its peak, when we finally get to sit and talk properly.
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

https://sandandor.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami_Miyu Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 am

Walking....Walking...Walking....One foot infront the other.....

This taking to much time.
Listening to the thoughts in Gusanos mind proved he would need rest, and soon.
Taking the picture of this Elwe from his mind, the scent of this woman.

I came to a hault. Quickly looking around, I gesture to the fallen tree trunk.

"Rest Gusano, build yourself a fire, I will light it for you, searching on foot is wasting time. I will bring Elwe to me"

Pushing back my hood i kneel in the grass, pulling off my gloves, I lean forward placing my hands flat against the earth, feeling the soft blades of grass inbetween my fingers.
I wait for Gusano to sort himself out.
Shinigami_Miyu
Shinigami_Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  gusano Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:22 am

The food seemed to have perked up my energy levels, when we left the rive bank I felt as if I could have run all the way Elwe, however, soon after departure I started to lag, my body needs more than just food to survive, it needs sleep, it needs time to rest properly. Kitsune seemed to be tuned into my feels almost able to read my mind, I want to push on, I want to not be weak, but I am comparing my ability to walk on against a creature I have no knowledge of, I don’t know when she last rested, I only met her a little while ago.

I am just about to give in and ask that I sleep for a while when Kitsune instructs me to sleep for a bit, she will light the fire once I have built it, continuing our journey tomorrow.

I have become aware of my trust for this lady, I would not ordinarily trust someone this soon, but as much as she can read my thoughts she is leaving a little trace of herself in my head every time, this is how I can trust her, I have felt her honesty and her power.

The fire is built, I am slumped against the fallen tree, now feeling ready for sleep, I doubt this fire will be very strong before I am asleep.
gusano
gusano

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami_Miyu Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Watching Gusano sort himself out, i feed the fire with my own power, causing it to flare up before settling into a nice steady heated flame.
Feeling him start to drift off I push my fingers into the soil untill they are consumed to the knuckles.
I assumed the natural habitants of this world where intune to this world. Her needs, her thoughts....Her feelings.
The core of this world was ablaze with untapped life, so much power, so much energy, she could feed me for several lifetimes and still be able to give more.

But i was not here to drain this planet and move on, the knowledge of this world would be stored for use later on.

"Do not worry young one, this will not hurt for long....." I whisper to this planet. " Give me Elwe...." Concentrating, I push a slither of power into her core, feeling little
resistance as it slithered around her, slowly tightening, feeding, restricting....
Feeling the pulse of the planet quicken i urged her to scream out.
"Give me Elwe....Find Elwe...." I whisper harshly. " It will stop when I have Elwe..."
My hands dugg deeper into the soil, pushing a second restrictor around the core, a third was soon to follow.
" Send me Elwe and this will stop...."
Shinigami_Miyu
Shinigami_Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 pm

This pulse shoots through me, causing me to expel a squeal of pain, Yet it did not hurt, it was power, an energy, an intense energy. My name being called, It is not a audible sound, it is more I can feel my name being called, the power taking hold of me, tugging me in the direction of not far past where I had left Gusano.
“Did you feel that?” I ask Mika she nods slowly and calmly states it’s not for her, I reach over and lightly touch her lips (this is the gesture of goodbye to a loved one).

I try to walk calmly out of her premise and out of the town however this tug of power is very insistent, I can not resist, I am being coaxed into a jog, I make it to the tree I was sat in for a while earlier before I am running, I do not need to consciously know where I am going, this cord of power is leading me, it is virtually controlling me. Dragging me towards its source.
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami_Miyu Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Pulling my hands free of the earth, no longer needing the conduit to the planets core.
Wiping the now dry soil from the hands, the connection to Elwe firm and strong, i release the bindings from the planet.
I stand, hood pulled back up to cover myself. in case this meeting was brief. I need to not be known unless....

Stepping back i pull the shadows around me, a glance to the fire sent it dying to embers, darkness chasing the light out of our small camp,
Still carefull to keep enough warmth for Gusana. I do not doubt that elwe would need the warmth, accustomed to the temperature of this planet.

Lips pulled back into a brief soundless snarl as I send a pounding pulse of power laced with the edge of pain through link.

All senses open and aware of the intended disturbance of the one being lead to us, my voice a whisper along the the wind " Elwe...."
Shinigami_Miyu
Shinigami_Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Sat May 01, 2010 8:35 am

Distance does not seem to be a problem, The source of the power is fuelling my ability to run, and sustain the run, I Know these forests so well I do not need to seem them at the speed I usually run at, this speed of run makes my usual speed seem slow, yet humans can not cover the same stretch I can if I give them 4 times longer to do it in.

Before I know it I have come through the oldest bit of the forest and the young saplings of the trees here are sparse, I am coming out of the forest on the other side to which I was sat with Mika probably not even an hour ago.

I can feel I am slowing in pace, the dark is absolute here. I stop.

The one that called me is close, though does not seem to want to be seen, Gusano is just off to my left, he is led near this fire which seems to have been out for a while, the orange embers would re light with enough attention but not a risk of killing him as he sleeps.

I sit down a third of the way around the fire from him, Whoever it was that called me here is just off toward my left, probably just behind the bushes.

I am going to wait for him to awake and then I will extend an invite for him to live with us. I hope he is willing to answer some questions though. I would love to know more about where he came from, what he is, is there more out there, can we do what his people can? I can feel the connection, I know that she is there; I can feel her, the concern for Gusano.

I know she can hear my thoughts as much as I can sense emotion, I can feel the energy "Fey" I whisper feeling better for saying it out loud it had a finale to it "I will look after him, don’t worry for I know he does not have the answers, I do not want our world destroyed I will not look into what will cause it. I welcome your visits any time"
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbrae Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 am

‘Wait’ Greg called to me. I stopped, keeping my back to them as they slowly approached. ‘Please, tttake this’ Sven said as he reached out to give me whatever he had in his hand. I slowly turned round, startling them both. ‘Please don’t kill us’ Sven shrieked, pulling his arms back in defence. I looked to his hand to see the moneybag that I had throw back down to the ground seconds ago. ‘I have no will, nor desire to take life from the good people as then I would be unable to distinguish from the good people, thus being target for my own hands and the hands of the good people’ I calmly and slowly replied. Both Greg and Sven looked at each other, both with a slight look of confusion of their faces. ‘Which way to the manor and is it far?’ I asked patiently. They both spun forward quickly and pointed over to what I believe to be west, stumbling for words, remembering the last person to hesitate an answer. ‘O… over there…. to the west just outside town…before you get to the cemetery…big house with a tower on the north side.’ I brought my hands up onto their shoulders and brought them close, close enough to whisper without prying ears listening, ‘Thank you kind sirs, your help is most appreciated.’ I paused for thought then continued. ‘It may be in your best interest to lay low for a while, be sure to keep Annabel and Tabbitha safe Greg. Sven, same goes for you and any family you may have. I have no knowledge on the level of corruption of this town, you being seen walking among the living by any others may be dangerous.’

Greg had a look of shock across his face, ‘Hhhhow do you know about my family?’ ‘I am sorry but there is not enough time to explain for I fear time is of the essence, may you pardon my leave.’ I bowed my head and began to turn but somebody caught my eye, rather some bodies. The three guards lying lifeless on the floor would sound the alarm rather quickly if either were found. ‘One favour I may ask, may you two dispose of the bodies and wash down the blood, dangerous though it may be, it will heighten your safety.’ I paused to think. ‘Take them on your cart outside town to the animals, they will leave no remains.’ I turned to the body pinned to the ground by the sword, gripping the handle with both hands, I put my foot on his chest and pulled with all my strength, releasing that familiar wet sliding sound as it came up. I wiped the blade down on his sleeve and threw it up catching it by the blade and handed the handle to either Greg or Sven. ‘Keep it hidden until it is needed’ I ordered, by the looks on their faces they knew what would be the punishment for not adhering to my will. Greg took the handle firmly in his hand, his grip was one not of a first-timer. He raised the sword, looking with one eye down the blade, rotating it as he did before quickly whirling it around, testing it’s balance and weight.

‘We are eternally in your debt, your bidding shall be done’ Greg answered, in more of a military fashion. ‘Aye’ Sven piped in. I looked at them both, giving them a reassuring nod. ‘There is no debt here, but quickly make haste as the time for reckoning is nigh, farewell.’ I turned to a run down the alley behind me, running past the alehouse I shall be returning after my deed is done. ‘But what about your money?’ Sven shouted. I spun my head round to see Sven holding up the bag. ‘Keep it,’ I replied. I continued my run through the alley, which was mainly straight, dodging the odd barrel and crate. As I turned the final corner to the left I pulled myself back to see Greg piling up the bodies in a dark corner and Sven rummaging round the stable for his cart to transport the bodies out of town. I took one final moment to clear my mind before setting off again for the western boundary of town and my target.
Umbrae
Umbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami_Miyu Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 am

Watching Elwe carefully, judging her thoughts upon her enterance of the clearing.
The brief thoughts of Elwe wanting her people to do what Gusano's can was disturbing.
Perhaps I will need to watch them carefully, ensuring no inbalance will happen.
Fey? Sidhe i would understand buy Fey? I had never been called this before, is this how they saw me?
Would these people worship me as others had? Or run in fear? Or treat me with indifference.
Seeing no point in keeping the darkness around the fire, i coax it back into a small flame.
Still keeping myself wrapped in the surrounding shadows, now is not the time to make myself known.
Now to see how Gusano will react to this situation.
Shinigami_Miyu
Shinigami_Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Mon May 10, 2010 9:49 am

Gusano Sleeps, I am sat near the fire with him in site, the Moon is out, but not very bright, there must be a thin layer of cloud between the moon and our land, light will be here before too long.

I have been sat meditating for a while, thry to decide what to do with him, i want to know what he can do, i want to understand, but i am scared of the power, its peramitors are endless.

I have come as far with these thoughts as i can, my earlier resolve of not wanting to do what he can has wavered however it will require a lot of consideration and inspection before trial and error come any where near it.

The moon has made its way across the sky and i am now refreshed after my meditation, trying to find something for my hands to do, i decide to make Gusano something to wear, I do not know what he wore as a worm, or if they have the concerns we do, but my people will frown on the nakedness. We are sat in long grass, the grass is has been to seed and will probably dye away when the new seedlings grow through, I pull the inners out of the stalks and weave, over, under, over, up, down, over, under, and i continue. The sun is rising over the mountains on the east when i am nearly done, and i can tell Gusano is slowly waking, if he react like the humans he will sudenly realise where he is and not remember how he got there, will look for comfort until all the memories slot back into place.

The Midi or as the humans call it skirt, is complete.
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gusano Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 am

I had been so tired that as soon as the fire was built I was sat back against the fallen tree, and all my muscles ached with relief of not being used, they felt stiff and heavy, I tried to manoeuvre into a more comfortable sleeping position but the fallen tree was just too tall. I ended up with my legs pull up close to me, running parallel to the tree, my body turned slightly so as my back was against the tree and my head lolled to the side and rested on the tree.

I tried to get the warmth from the fire as I was freezing; the fire was nearly full blaze when sleep finally took me.

Sleep was like passing out, when I awoke the scene had changed, I was still curled up against the tree, the fire was a low warm ember, which glowed in the morning sun, there were some birds in the surrounding trees which chirped with morning glee, I try to move but have become really stiff, its hurts to move, a groan escapes me and with that I become aware that I am being watched.

The sun is not up yet, its creeping over the mountains, the sky is an orange red, the trees brown is a pretty contrast, as my head slowly rises from its wooden pillow the long grass covered in due, the sparkle of the spiders homes reaching between the strands of grass, gem scattered earth is my first thought. People from my land love the mornings, the dew, they love being the first to see it, being the first to walk through it, the wet cold cloth clinging to your legs and the shoes which squelch and leave a wet print of where you have been does not put them off it.

My head has finally made it to an upright position it is most comfortable with, and I can see Elwe is sat off to my left in the long grass, some of the dew has settled on her hair and makes it glisten more than it did last time I saw her, she looks magical. She is sat on her own though.

“Morning, I am sorry for my rudeness, had I of known you would be here I would not have slept” I don’t know how long I would have managed to not sleep for, but I would have done my best to not, in my … world? …. Land? … Where I am from it is deemed impolite to be shuteye when someone comes to see you, as it is to be talking to someone else when it does not involve the person with you, we have lost of similar customs “Kitsumi has gone then?”
gusano
gusano

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 am

I was at the stage of trying to decide what to do next when I noticed Gusano was awakening, he first of all, opened his eyes and looked around, he must have slept well, he has not moved at all during the time I have been sat here, he groans with obvious pain and stiffness, he slowly lifts his head until he is looking towards me, his eyes do not see me at first, they are looking around me. Happiness shows on his face, his pain does not bother him at this time, he looks like a person who has been surprised with something beautiful, finally his eyes see me.

“Morning, I am sorry for my rudeness, had I of known you would be here I would not have slept” Gusano sounds groggy and as if the brain still sleeps whilst his body is awake, if his people are concerned about sleeping in the presence of another is he concerned I have been here whilst he sleeps, was arriving when he slept rude to him?

Was he the one who called me? I thought the power had been coming from where I am, I doubt he was the one who was causing the dark feeling, the feeling the moon was covered by cloud when it was not. Besides there was an almost hum of power from the distance, its fading away now as the creatures are awaking, there presence is strong and masking the power of the being that I assumed called me here.

My suspicion is confirmed “Kitsumi has gone then?” Gusano asks, this must have been who called me, Fey has a name and obviously a heart. The stories of Fey is that everyone has a time, a place and when there time is up, or if there place is not longer they are called from this world for the next, regardsless and whether you are ready or those you care for are ready for you to move on. I find this reasuring.
“Kitsumi as you call it, her” Fey is female, wonders never end “I believe is neigh, though has removed herself from us” I hope this satisfies him, as apart from a pull of power I really have not met or know of this Fey called Kitsumi.
“Gusano, I do bet your pardon if this displeases, I was unsettled by your ability to change form and hoped you would tell me more of this ability, it is not something my people have ever done, infact non of the beings I have come into comtact with have been able to or have been seen to change appearance, let along form. In exchange for your information there is a place amongst my people” ok I am worried this may be too much too soon for someon who has just awaken. “I have made you this” I hold up the midi and take a few steps towards him holding it out for him.
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gusano Tue May 11, 2010 3:26 am

“Kitsumi as you call it, her” she pauses here, must have noticed she called Kitsumi an it, I do hope she is not near to have heard that as I do not imagine that it would please her to be called an it. “I believe is neigh, though has removed herself from us” so she does not know, well her honesty is there but masked in a play for hiarchy, there is a flicker of worry expressed on her face before she says “Gusano, I do bet your pardon if this displeases, I was unsettled by your ability to change form and hoped you would tell me more of this ability, it is not something my people have ever done, infact non of the beings I have come into contact with have been able to or have been seen to change appearance, let alone form. In exchange for your information there is a place amongst my people” again she pauses and she raises to her feet, in her hands she is holding a grass skirt. “I have made you this” she moves forward, holding the skirt out for me to take.

My body is still stiff and I am slow in getting up, I use the fallen tree to push myself to my feet, every joint clicks sending a bolt of pain through the surrounding muscles. Sleeping like that is not advised, though when you are that tired you really could not care less about how you slept as long as you sleep. I will be fine once I have moved about a bit, shaken the cobwebs loose as they say where I come from.

The skirt is really light; it flows almost like a cotton skirt a girl would wear in the summer, however, without a flowery or delicate pattern as the girls in my world would wear. “The men of my world do not wear skirts, however I am not in my world and will gratefully accept this generous gift, I do not want to upset you further. By contrast to that I assume my nakedness would not go down well with your people.” I take the skirt off of Elwe and hold it against me; there are some strands of grass hanging from the edge of the skirt, which I use to fasten the skirt to myself. The top of the skirt reaches round perfectly to cover however the rest of the skirt does not quite reach and so the side of my left leg is revealing.

Even though it is just a skirt I am feeling instantly a little warmer, the dew has been absorbed off my skin and light morning wind is no longer blowing against me.

“ahhhhhh” a sigh of glee. I feel better, a little part of my subconscious was constantly aware of my nakedness, I had not realised until I put the skirt on how weird it is being naked “thank you Elwe, it is wonderful to be clothed again, I can not express how it felt to be revealed as a baby fresh from its mama.” I lower my head to her height and give her a kiss on each cheek; good friends might also hug though we are not close enough for this yet.

As I stand back, I remember the other part of her question, “and hoped you would tell me more of this ability” were her words. What could I tell her of this ability, I barely understand it myself.
“Elwe, I do not know what I can tell you about this ‘ability’ as you called it but I will be happy to answer any qustions you have” needing to walk and loosen my muscles I suggest walking back to her community whilst we talk. I really fancy sleeping in a bed tonight, sleeping rough could make you old before your time.
gusano
gusano

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbrae Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 am

Running through the dark alleys, darting left and right, using the moon and the stars to keep me travelling west, my mind starts to wander. What would change after my task is complete? After I am satisfied, then what? I pushed these thoughts out of my mind, back down to the pit on my mind. I rounded the next corner, almost running face first into an old man who, by the looks of him had already had a good time at the bar. I stepped sideways of him and said my apologies as I ran. The alleyway was widening and becoming more inviting. The houses seeming to be more of family houses rather than the slums up by where Sven and Greg were cleaning up. These houses were still of timber construct but they had been maintained recently and constantly. Each house had an oil lamp or torch outside of each front door, brightening the alley considerably.

A loud bell clanged, probably about half a mile away, possibly the church on the site of the graveyard. Not far now. The alley was now becoming more populated, small groups of people here and there some singing and dancing like drunken puppets with unmeasured strings. Past one group of rather noisy gents I could hear the noise of a piano playing and singing, by the sounds of it they were singing old dwarven songs, or maybe eastern valley dwellers, I have no time to stop to find out. I stopped. I could distinctly hear the sound of running water. But I was travelling away from the river. How could this be? I moved up slowly to the next corner on the left and peered round. The corner opened out to a grand marketplace, empty of stalls. At the centre a magnificent fountain, possibly twenty feet high and twenty-five feet wide with dozens of jets squirting water up as the centrepiece cascaded water down. The light of the lanterns surrounding the fountain lit the centrepiece well, light dancing over its surface as the light wind blew the flames. The centrepiece was of a woman and a large water jug from the ancient time.

Her face was still as soft and smooth as the day she was sculpted. She had stood the test of weather and time. Staring at this statue’s eyes, her soft, sad transfixing eyes, I lost all sense of direction and had to look up again to get my bearing. My eyes still drawing towards hers but I physically stopped myself. I walked down through the alley between two buildings, probably shops, through to the marketplace still being careful of unwanted eyes. I walked up silently to the fountain, the sound of water now quite loud, and looked back up to her. Now closer up she looked almost living, as if she were holding her breath, eternally. Her hair was just longer than shoulder length, lightly windswept around her face, the flicker of the light made it look as if it were actually moving. In front of the fountain was a small raised stone flowerbed, only a couple of feet in size. Most of its contents had been killed off in the winter last, the remnants laying dead over the soil, others were only just hanging on, and one more sharp frost would finish them. Then something in the bed caught my eye.

For some strange reason I looked back to her. Her eyes seemed to have moved down the flowerbed and the thing that had caught my eye, almost wanting me to see what it was. I reached in and pulled some of the dead plants away from the centre of the bed. Underneath was a small flower with large purple and white petals, upon closer inspection I realised that it was an orchid, a species that I thought that time had forgot. It looked strong and with full potential to live through the harshest of winters. I looked back to the statue. Strangely her eyes now seemed less sad at the sight of the orchid, maybe even a little happy. I smiled a little at this. I looked back down to the flower to see that a petal had fallen to the ground. I bent down, picking it up. It felt soft like silk. I put it to my nose and inhaled the sweet scent radiating from it. Old memories flashed through my head, ones of many seasons gone. A sudden wave of emotion flowed through me, one that I had not felt in a very long time. I stood up slowly. As I did I felt something wet splashed my cheek. I lifted my finger and wiped the tear away. I lifted my head to the statue one more time, it’s eyes again seemed sad. A water droplet ran down her cheek. I looked down to the petal, which was still in my hand, still rubbing it. I brought it to my lips and placed a single kiss on it’s soft and delicate surface before dropping it into the water, it floated delicately on the surface, and whispering before I made my way back towards the west into the darkness.

‘For our sorrows.’
Umbrae
Umbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami_Miyu Tue May 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Keeping carefull to keep myself concealed, obviously not carefull enough as Elwe was still able to sense my presence.
The low groan as Gusano final roused himself from slumber, taking in the beauty of his surroundings, this foreign land still held many a secret.
Watching as they conversed, no hostile intentions towards each other, this idea was looking fruitfull. Then he reveiled i was infact here.
Many thoughts flickered through my mind as Gusano asked
"Kitsumi has gone then?"
Kitsumi? Did he not hear my name correctly? The name i have always been called for as long as i remembered was Kitsune.

Picking up the surface thoughts from the two was easy, since they were so easily broadcasting them. Obviously they had no protecion from this, or had never needed
any.
I had a heart well....I had one, but no beat. The thought of stepping out and saying ' There is no life in this body' was enough for a smile to pull at the corners of my mouth.
The reactions from the pair of them would be enlightening.

The skirt Elwe had been labouring over obviously pleased Gusano, at least his nakedness was covered and would make him more comfortable. Never had this bothered me,
as when you have been around as long as i have....Nothing is a shock to you.
Watching Gusano show his pleasure with a kiss to each of Elwes cheeks, this display reminded me of another place i visited...dismissing the thought as Elwe spoke to Gusano.
“Gusano, I do bet your pardon if this displeases, I was unsettled by your ability to change form and hoped you would tell me more of this ability, it is not something my people have ever done,
infact non of the beings I have come into comtact with have been able to or have been seen to change appearance, let along form. In exchange for your information there is a place amongst my people”

Elwe wishes to be able to change form? Eyes narrow is displeasure, this knowledge is not somehting they should be privvy to. There were ment to evolve at there own pace, withing there own time, not given a boost.
This was not balanced.
This was not natural.
This was not allowed.

Perhaps I should of just killed Gusano the moment i layed eyes on him.

Perhaps this could be salvaged.
Too many if's.

A sharp hiss left me. Casting off the shadows, the cloak wrapped loosly around myself, features still concealed i took a few steps forward into the clearing.

Now for the reaction.
Shinigami_Miyu
Shinigami_Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 am

At Gusano's request to move on i gave a little nod of my head ut remaind silent, I do not want to force the answers out of him, but i would like to know. my thirst for information and knowledge is like a drug, my people have always been draw to knowing what is going on and how. we have spent many moons studing the sky, the sun, the stars, the way it effects our lands, and then we studied the land and how it effect the sky.

From our understanging there is very little of the earth that effects the sky, mostly the sky effect the earth. the big light in the sky we call the sun, raises in the east and set in the west, it chases itself around our world, night follows the same pattern. the sun, is like a fire, the fire burns and some times the fire spits, these spits cause our land to heat up, the water disapears. The moon controls out seas, it causes what we call tides, these are where the big waters along the edge of ourr land move in and out, closer and then away from our boarders.

this balence is sometimes disrupted by other items in the sky and disasters occure. there is a pattern to the disasters. which we have been monitoring since time began, we have 13 days in a week, and 13 weeks in a month and 13 months in a year, 13 years makes a generations and it seems that a major solar event happens ever 169 generations. that is enough for each member of my people to see atleast one and pass the details on to the younger ones.

this is just the understanding of the sun, we look at it, we record it, we name it, we have not tried to change it as i have seen the humans doing, in there vilage they have tried to build things to go into the sky and stop the disasters, but if they stop the disasters, will they stop the good?
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gusano Wed May 12, 2010 2:32 am

The feeling of relief flows through me as I receive the nod of acceptance from Elwe to walk on, I do not think I will be able to climb over this tree and so I start to walk around it, heading west.

Now as I look back on it with how tired I was last night this tree probably seemed like a wall, blocking my passage I doubt that if Kitsumi, I get the feeling I have got that slightly wrong, kitsuni what ever her name was, it was kit something, as I remember when she said it I thought she was going to say kitt, or kitty, as I had a friend in education called kitty, but she added something onto the end of it, sumi? What ever, if she had of let me continue walking I might not have got much further than that tree.

The long grass is soft, it is still damp from the dew, it comes up to the same height as my skirt, I have opened my hand, palm facing forward, the heads of the grass running through my fingers as I walk past. "I am sorry to inform you Elwe, but I know little of this ability." that I guess will be the hardest part, I look over to Elwe to try and gage her reaction to my statement however I cannot read her. "I was a late bloomer in gaining my power, most of the populous I was brought up with started to show abilities from about the age they turned into an adult, however I was a fully grown male in my when and where before I developed my ability, it just happened one day, I had been regarded as a freak, a person who not to associate with and only because I could not do things" ok I need to stop just talking and actually think about what I am saying, I don’t know this Elwe I don’t know her abilities, I do not know what she wants with me, will she stop with just talking to me? Or, will she try to extract my power.

I have been silent for a few minutes as we are walking along thinking about my people, thinking about the abilities they had such as heal their selves, heal another, see the future, change appearance, fly, the different things my people can do are as individual as our finger prints. We have had people try to find a pattern to the abilities, i.e. if you are born of a mother who can fly and a father who can heal, what does the child have, or does the pattern of your fingers decide what ability you have, even down to the weather on the day you were conceived. Its something my people do not even fully understand and we have lived with it forever. There are reports about scientist from my world keeping people in cells, monitoring them, forcing them to use there power, trying to find out if you can stop there power, and trying to remove there power and if they can isolate what it is that is the power. These tests are frequently painful, disfiguring and we have tried to get they to stop, but they have always been found later conducting the experiments somewhere else, some secret location they have constructed under ground, under water, somewhere people will not go normally and stumble across it.

“Elwe I am really sorry but my people do not even know about this power, I don’t even know how I got here, I don’t know how I can help you, can you tell me what you want to know, why you want to know then I can try and tell you exactly what I know if I can?”
gusano
gusano

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Wed May 12, 2010 3:22 am

I am a little put out by having to walk al the way around this tree, I could see the thought on Gusano’s face when he looked at it, i had some hope for a moment he would just jump over it, this hope was very short lived as he turned west to walk around it. at least he choose to walk towards the base of the tree, I may have had to have said something if he walked towards what was the top, where all the smaller branches are.

Just off to my left, near the group of bushes I thought there was a movement, I thought I saw something, the way a dear would lift its head in the long grass, a flicker of movement, yet I looked and could not see anything. The sun was still low, the shadows are still long, Gusano has started walking and as I cannot see anything lurking in the shadows, I put it down to a trick of the light, yet my subconscious is not happy with this.

With in a few strides I have caught up with Gusano who is beginning his tale with modesty "I am sorry to inform you Elwe, but I know little of this ability." The difference is he knows more about it than I do, I mearly know of its presence.

He starts off by telling me he does not know anything about his ability, he seemed to start talking with interest "I was a late bloomer in gaining my power, most of the populous I was brought up with started to show abilities from about the age they turned into an adult, however I was a fully grown male in my when and where before I developed my ability, it just happened one day, I had been regarded as a freak, a person who not to associate with and only because I could not do things" and then he stopped.

It at first seemed to be a pause as if a gathering of thoughts, then the silence continued, I thought was because there had been a bad memory, he could have got stuck on the mistreating he suffered in his when and where, trapped in the memory, hoped he would pass through this and continue on when his deminour changes, he had tensed up, his muscles are distinguished, I sense he is uncomfortable, that frown is back on his face.

We have been walking in silence for a while now, the sun is now in full appearance from behind the mountains, my people will be finishing morning meals, we have manached to leave the clearing and now starting on the edge of the middle forest. My home is bases in the inner forest, where the trees are at there oldest, the humans never venture in that far, it does mean at this pace we will be walking for the majority of the day.

“Elwe, I am really sorry but my people do not even know about this power, I don’t even know how I got here, I don’t know how I can help you, can you tell me what you want to know, why you want to know then I can try and tell you exactly what I know if I can” this is going to be a long day, he has become all defensive over his information, and from the feer he is feeling I guess the momories of his previous home must have made him cautious as to what I want to do with him, will I want to do what he has already experienced? Will my people do to him what he has already experienced whether I let it or not.

It is my turn to hold the silence, I need to figure out what it is I want with the information.

It does not take me many steps towards my home to decide what it is I want with the information, my thirst for knowledge is what drives me to know. “Gusano, I only want to know what you can do, how you can do it, I would like to know the limits of your power… your word Freak, I understand it to mean, odd, weird, not like the others, I understand that to you I am a Freak, as you are to us, however this world is filled with freakish occurences … we accept this and just try to understand it” I don’t know whether he will believe me, his experiences will cloud his judgement, he may even need proof of what I say.
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gusano Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 am

You can tell Ewe has been a leader for a long time, she has the diplomatic attitude, the ability to say much and not a lot at the same time, “your word Freak, I understand it to mean, odd, weird, not like the others, I understand that to you I am a Freak, as you are to us, however this world is filled with freakish occurences … we accept this and just try to understand it” this is completely diverting around my question, this says everything but nothing,

I would like to know about her plans, I would like to know she wants to know, I do not want to be tested on, and I do not want to be a pawn in her bigger game. I mean it was understanding that was the drving force behind my peoples experiments. I decide to keep walking in silence in hope she will continue to explain what I am after knowing.

Speaking right now would do me no good, her response has angered me and I feel dispair she will be everything I don’t want or need her to be.
gusano
gusano

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbrae Wed May 12, 2010 7:04 am

To the west, leading to the fountain there was a magnificent paved walkway. As I walked down it I could see that it was wide with smooth marble walls, only a couple of feet high running the entire length of the walkway on both sides with great torches every ten feet completely illuminating the path. A couple of feet in, in between the great torches were large but low rectangular flower beds, which would probably look magnificent in full bloom but sadly at the moment they were just beds of straggly weeds. The centre of the path was paved with coloured tiles, creating a large, inviting pattern. Each tile hand carved, some painted with standards or what seemed like flags. I tried to look through the light into the darkness under the carved marble archway at the end of the path but the light was too much. I decided that though it would be costly for time, I would have to walk the path as not to draw as much attention to myself. I kept my head low and walked with pace.

I reached the archway, which was covered in intricate detail. Whoever had it built obviously had money and power in great abundance. As I walked under it I noticed eight guards standing around my exit, I noticed that on the other side of the archway it was as sparse and barren as the other side of town by the bridge. I must be leaving town.

I strode out from under the arch expecting resistance if not a confrontation. I kept walking but picked out few muttered words. The elongated ‘Naaaah’ confirmed that I was clear and free on my way to the manor. Now as I made my way into the darkness, my eyes adjusted. I could see the path forking up ahead, the left leading around the hill in front of me and the right winding it’s way up to the top. The path cut it's way through the grass, some long in places, there were almost no trees on the hill. I surveyed the top of the hill. I could make out a building with a surrounding wall and a tower. I thought to myself, wondering if the building in question was the manor or the church that I had heard minutes before. I decided to take the path up the hill as if it were the church; I could spot the manor from the top. The path to the right was not as worn as the left one but it was better built. I looked back at the guards who were lounging about; some may have even been asleep, I started running up the path. I could feel the wind against my cheeks, smell the fresh air compared to the musky smelliness of the town slums. The path reached a point where it almost turned back on itself, on the corner was a statue of a man in full battle armour, swinging his sword above his head. I had no time to stop or even slow to view it in greater detail, as I could be too late as it is. This just had to be the way to the manor, no church would have statues like that, well, none that I have seen anyway.

I was nearing the top and could see that the path lead straight up to the front of the building which I could confirm was not a church. At the front of the building was a great gate, probably to the courtyard, guarded by six guards, all in very different uniform to the town guards, very heavily armoured and armed with a large pike and long sword at their waists. They all seemed fully alert, at least compared to the last group. i crouched down at the edge of the path, my hand went down instinctively to my waist and felt nothing. I remembered I had left my sword and bow at the pub with that girl. The front entrance would probably be suicide in this situation, even if they were mostly trainees, but by the look of them they were very well trained. I needed a way in. But how?

Last edited by Umbrae on Tue May 18, 2010 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Umbrae
Umbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 am

Gusano did not respond to my vague response, I could no long go into more detail as I have allowed too much time to elapse. We are now nearing the inner forest and the sun is high in the sky, I can see it through the branches.

“Gusano, a short break for some food would be advisable now, there are a few roots I can see around here, and do you know what you are looking for? As you can help if you do” with out looking round for a response from him I start pulling the bushy leaves of the roots that we can eat, I still have my bag slung over my shoulder, the one with the seeds that I was meant to scatter yesterday but never got round to doing, once I have collected enough roots for Gusano and I will try to start up conversation with him. See if we can get to know each other a bit better, he does not seem to be stupid and so will hopefully hold some good conversation.
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gusano Thu May 13, 2010 5:05 am

Walking in silence was nice, I managed to take in this world, see the birds and the different animals, there are a lot of similarities between this and my world, there are trees, these one seem a little taller a little bigger around than the ones in my world, the thought that my prospective may have changed a little, I can not do a comparison correctly because I have changed for, as much as I may appear to be the same size as I was in my world, I can only judge this on Elwe, yet she may be shorter than the girls in my world, so in comparison to her I am what I class as normal height, same sized yet could be smaller. Kitsumi could have been smaller too.

I am surprised at how little I am craving home, is this a problem with me? Is this a sign at how removed I was from the people of my world? Is this my new body? Does my new form make me feel part of this world than the last? I would have thought the homesickness would have settled in by now.

The fact that Elwe could not bring herself to talk to me as I have not volunteered all the information she wanted straight off has given me plenty of time to analyse me feelings, and state of mind, so much has happened and whilst in a sub standard condition both physically and mentally.

The sun is now at what I believe to be its highest, I have not eaten since last night. This thought is barely out of my head when Elwe says “Gusano, a short break for some food would be advisable now, there are a few roots I can see around here, and do you know what you are looking for? As you can help if you do”

Ignoring the size aspect the land is still in winter, the land is relatively brown in colour, the ground has what I would class as a winter covering of foliage, I have no idea what these plants are, where the leaves mean they are the same plants in my world, I am watching Elwe Pulling up a few plants and they are different, they do not even have the same roots as we have in my world.

I decide to find us something to serve up on, the trees here have a type of pealing park, if I can get enough of that off in one piece, the bark is coming away in long strips, almost like a snake pealing its skin, but it has split. I believe there is enough space in the splits to get my fingers through.

With a little teasing it come loose, the strip is about the length of my arm and it is double the width of my arm, suitably for holding most of the meals I can think of, maybe not a broth or a soup but the vegetable mix I am sure we will be eating.

From the gap in the bark being just a little too small for my fingers on the second bit of bark I tried pulling away I have small skin grazes on the beds of my finger nails, it should not be enough to let any infection in, but here goes hoping that this new body I have is immune to the diseases of this planet.
gusano
gusano

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbrae Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 am

The manor was a large L-shaped stone building. It’s three-story structure towered over the courtyard, only the tower to the right towered over it. Each side of the manor had several sash windows with dark shutters either side. It had a gothic feel about it. The front wall was forward of the house, each wall was just over ten feet tall, it’s side walls connecting directly to the house, surrounding a lit gravel courtyard possibly at least fifty feet square. The gate, which stood directly opposite the front door, was much taller than the wall, maybe twenty foot, intricately designed to look minimalistic and grand at the same time but also to stop people slipping in or out. On the outside of the wall by the gate was a one-roomed building most probably a guard’s station.

I surveyed the target building for a safe yet easy way in. There seemed none. I moved into the long grass a couple of feet to cut my chances of being seen. Over the wall seems to be the only option, as windows round the back would probably need breaking for entry. I slowly and silently crept through the grass making my way to the left corner, away from the gate; the light sound of swishing grass followed me, not much louder than the wind’s effort to blow the grass. I was nearly at the wall but I had to stop due to a slight flaw in my plan. The long grass didn’t go all the way up to the wall, a path of trampled ground followed parallel to the wall and round the corner; the path of a patrol. At the edge of the grass I checked the guards at the gate, they were focused on the front entrance. Good.

I crept out of the grass to the wall, the rustling of grass stopped. I quickly double-checked the guards before making my way to the corner. I kept crouched and slowly peered round the smooth stone corner. Phew, it was clear. My chest lightened, smiling on the inside and a crack of a smile of confidence gleamed across my face. Just as I brought my head back, the far corner began to grow lighter. I stopped and concentrated harder on the corner, blinking a couple of times to rule out trick of the mind.

A guard with a torch in his hand rounded the corner. My heart dropped, as did the corner of my mouth, as five more guards rounded the now well-lit corner. I pulled back round the corner quickly. I looked up at the wall, now towering over me. I saw the chance and had to take it. I took one step back, tensing my back leg and sprung up at the wall, planting a foot on its smooth surface, which slipped before it could grip. I landed; the guards were still getting closer.

I thought quickly. Yes! What Adriaune had taught me…. us. I twisted round to the grass, grabbing a large handful in my right hand and with my left pulled out my kiri and cut it at the bottom, replacing the blade afterwards. I turned back to the wall with my handful of grass and started rubbing it into its smooth surface furiously around the place where I wanted to plant my foot. After a few seconds of rubbing the wall had a slight green tinge to it, but nothing too noticeable in the darkness. I quickly rubbed it to the ball of the sole of my boot before I threw the remnants of grass back into the longer stuff, hiding evidence. I again tensed my back leg and sprung forward, planting my foot, which this time gripped, boosting me up. I reached up with my hand to the top of the wall, just getting hold of it with my fingers and tops of my palms. The regimented marching drew nearer; the light was licking at the corner. I put the ball of my foot back into the wall and lifted myself enough to throw an arm over the wall, gripping the other side, managing to then throw the other leg over. I was now on top of the wall looking in on the courtyard. It had a circular water fountain, much smaller and less magnificent than the one of the woman in town, surrounded by gravel, which connected the front steps to the main gate. Bordering the house were mainly flowerbeds. Strips of finely cut grass separated the gravel from the flowerbed. Below me staked in the grass was an unlit torch, probably blown out in the wind or burnt out, shrouding my corner with darkness. I quickly slipped down off the wall into a flowerbed, which had been planted with small leafy plants, just as the guards rounded the corner. I was in.

Last edited by Umbrae on Wed May 26, 2010 6:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Umbrae
Umbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinigami_Miyu Tue May 18, 2010 10:31 am

How long had i been standing there, consumed in my own thoughts?
Enough time for them to slip out the clearing and head off.

Rubbing my forehead in annoyance, partly with myself.
Least they had left a trail to follow, the grass had yet to upright itself from the trampling it had endured.
Damn to the vaction...Seems my work is never done.

Giving my limbs a quick shake, ready for the run ahead, i follow the trail they had unwittingly left behind.
Not that the trail wasn't helpful, but there voices were loud enough to travel across the winds.
Do i simply walk up to them? Or appear?
Pacing along the edge i wait.
Shinigami_Miyu
Shinigami_Miyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Elwe Wed May 19, 2010 6:38 am

I am surprised at Gusano, he does not attempt to pick any food, he was stood there for a few minutes, looking around, he must have seen something as he wonders off towards a group of trees, at this point my back is turned and i am trying to pull up some potatoes, I have a nice selection of food in a wonderful selection of colours.

Once I have finished collecting the food, I head back to where I left Gusano to find he has two long slightly rounded items, which look like a plate, this must have been what caught his eye.

On closer inspection of the plates they are made of bark, what look to be the bark of the wawona Tree. The wawona is very well know for its bark splitting, the splits peel off and a lot of our bugs and smaller animals will use the fallen bark for nesting, the birds will use the tree when it is splitting for nesting, frequently laying eggs in the gaps, and adding padding such as grasses and twigs to keep the eggs warm. I do not believe Gusano would have pulled the bark away if it had of had eggs in it.

I again have that feeling of dark, there is a feeling a shadow is lingering, earlier whilst walking I had felt in diminish slightly, it has returned, I can feel its dark presence, it feels like being watched, but when you turn around there is no one there.

I have a bland in my holdall, and crouched on the floor, I prepare the roots, chopping them into fine strips, which are the perfect size for eating. “what do you think of this world?”
Elwe
Elwe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum